An organisation may be initially approved subject to that organisation demonstrating to the satisfaction of the CAA, compliance with the requirement of CAR 145.
There are 2 acceptable standards to apply for approval under CAR 145:
(1) Approval by the CAA of an organisation that holds a valid approval by a different National Aviation Authority to that listed below:
(1) EASA Part 145;
(2) UAE GCAA CAR 145;
(3) Singapore CAAS SAR Part 145;
(4) EASA Part M, Subpart F;
(5) FAA FAR Part 145;
(6) [Hong Kong CAD KHAR-145; and
(7) Transport Canada Civil Aviation CAR Part V, Subpart 73.
(2) Approval by the CAA of an organsation that does not hold a valid approval by National Aviation Authority.
An application for initial approval can be made using Form SM 61.